With the new Oltre range, Bianchi Reparto Corse starts from scratch and goes beyond the aero bike concept by introducing the first Hyperbike: the Oltre RC. A perfectly integrated athlete-bike system guarantees the Oltre RC’s extreme performance and speed, thanks to Air Deflector technology and an innovative aero cockpit. The new Oltre collection represents the first overall frame/component platform designed entirely by Bianchi
Aerovolution is now.
Bianchi has rewritten the concept of a high-performance aerodynamic bicycle with the launch of the Oltre platform, led by the Oltre RC hyperbike and complemented by the Oltre Pro and Oltre models.
Born from Bianchi Reparto Corse’s research and development, the Oltre RC is a revolution in terms of design and engineering with an aim to actively dominate and exploit airflow through engineering a perfectly integrated bike-athlete and frame-component system. Oltre is a revolutionary design thinking approach defined by the introduction of Bianchi Air Deflector technology.
“The Bianchi Oltre RC sets a new technological standard in the cycling world,” said Bianchi’s CEO, Fabrizio Scalzotto. “With Oltre we started from scratch to create an unprecedented aero bike. It’s a project developed by our Reparto Corse that marks a turning point for the brand. The new Oltre family represents the first complete frame/component platform designed and manufactured entirely by Bianchi: from the frame to the handlebar system, plus the wheels, hubs, and saddles.”
AEROVOLUTION: AIR DEFLECTORS AND AERO COCKPIT
“To develop the new Oltre project, Bianchi put the athlete at the center and the need to make him as fast as possible with the least use of energy,” commented Claudio Masnata, marketing and communications manager for Bianchi. “The first revolutionary element is the Air Deflectors, a technology inspired by the world of motor racing at the highest level to optimize aerodynamic efficiency in every situation.”
Bianchi designed and integrated Air Deflectors (patent pending) into the sides of the head tube, thus channeling airflow and creating a low-pressure zone at the rear of the tube. The action of the deflectors complements the performance of the new aero cockpit, which generates low-pressure air vortices directed toward the legs of the moving athlete through a centrally located hole.
The result is a significant reduction in aerodynamic resistance by the athlete-bike system, as certified by wind tunnel testing. In short, results proved higher speed with less effort.
Compared to the previous Oltre XR4 model, the Oltre RC saves 17 watts at a speed of 50 km/h and gains 45 seconds over a distance of 40km with a power output of 250 watts/h. In variable wind conditions, the advantage over the best aero bikes on the market increases by 30 percent, ensuring extreme performance even during sudden changes in wind direction.
REPARTO CORSE COMPONENTS
Every detail of the Oltre RC’s frame/component system has been studied by Reparto Corse to achieve the highest level of performance. It is obsessive research that led Bianchi to design and produce exclusive components engineered by a dedicated team of experts.
The pair of Reparto Corse RC50 and RC65 tubeless ready wheels were developed with four guidelines: stiffness, smoothness, weight, and design. The new wheels, which feature a 3K carbon finish, are stiff, super-responsive and weigh 1540 grams (per set) while smooth performance is guaranteed by SPB Tech | Super Precision Bearings Technology.
In addition to the wheels, the RC139 carbon air saddle features a pad developed with 3D technology, and a weight of just 168 grams, which allows the athlete to maintain an aerodynamic position even over long distances without sacrificing the best ergonomics.
THE NEW OLTRE FAMILY
There are three models that make up the Oltre range:
- OLTRE RC: The new top-of-the-range model in Bianchi’s aero racing collection. The Oltre RC has been designed for the most extreme athletes looking for maximum speed. The Oltre RC introduces the hyperbike concept. Created for World Tour racing and professionals, the Oltre RC (6.850kg in size 55, +/- 5%) dominates airflow, thus reducing aerodynamic resistance and increasing the speed of the overall bike-athlete system.
- This is achieved thanks to the unique “Air Deflector” technology that acts in conjunction with the new aero handlebar to deliver unprecedented performance. The Oltre RC is equipped with the new RC50 SPB Tech and RC65 SPBTech tubeless ready wheels (50mm front profile and 65mm rear profile) and features the RC139 Carbon air saddle (with 3D technology).
- These high-performance components have been designed and produced by Bianchi Reparto Corse.
- The Oltre RC is available in six sizes and three different colors, all with ultralight paint and exposed carbon: anthracite with Celeste inserts, anthracite with white inserts, and anthracite with iridescent purple inserts. Priced from €13,800.
- OLTRE PRO: The Oltre Pro shares the same construction principles as the top-of-the-line RC model. Featuring Air Deflector technology and a new aero handlebar. The frame incorporates the Bianchi CV vibration cancellation system into the carbon fiber, which increases riding comfort for a less extreme rider. Outfitted with Reparto Corse components, the Oltre Pro features the RC139 Carbon saddle and a set of RC50 tubeless ready wheels (50mm profile front and rear). Available in six sizes and three different colors (anthracite with Celeste inserts, anthracite with white inserts, and anthracite with black inserts). The Oltre Pro is available for a suggested retail price of €8,000.
- OLTRE: The Oltre represents the gateway to Bianchi’s fledgling aero collection. Derived from the superior Pro and RC versions, the Oltre model is designed for a wider range of cyclists who also seek the thrill of speed. The Oltre’s full carbon frame and fork provide high performance in terms of stiffness and responsiveness. The Oltre model is equipped with new Velomann components: aero handlebar and stem; V50R wheels (50mm profile front and rear); and Mitora saddle. Available in six sizes, the Oltre is available in three colors (Celeste, white, and dark metallic gray) for a suggested retail price starting from €5,400.
OLTRE IN THE METAVERSE
With an aim to bring the new Oltre as close to the user as possible. Bianchi has developed an advanced 3D digital communication space using virtual and augmented reality.
In addition to the Virtual Experience available at bianchi.com, a special filter will be available on all of Bianchi’s social channels (Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook). Every enthusiast will be able to experience the sensation of seeing and almost “touching” the new Oltre RC, through a multichannel online experience that brings the user extremely close to reality.
The new Bianchi Oltre, Oltre Pro, and Oltre RC will be available from Cyclo Monster starting in November 2022.
OLTRE RC – Red eTap AXS 12sp 13.249 GBP
OLTRE RC – Super Record EPS 12sp 12.899 GBP
OLTRE RC – Dura Ace-Di2 12sp 12.099 GBP
OLTRE RC FRAMESET
(frame, fork, headset, seatpost) 5.099 GBP
OLTRE RC COCKPIT 799 GBP
OLTRE PRO – Red eTap AXS 12sp 10.699 GBP
OLTRE PRO – Dura Ace-Di2 12sp 9.349 GBP
OLTRE PRO – Force eTap AXS 12sp 7.999 GBP
OLTRE PRO – Ultegra Di2 12sp 4 6.999 GBP
OLTRE PRO FRAMESET
(frame, fork, headset, seatpost) 4 4.349 GBPOLTRE PRO COCKPIT 799 GBP
OLTRE – Rival eTap AXS 12sp 5.499 GBP
OLTRE – Ultegra Di2 12sp 5.099 GBP
OLTRE – Shimano Di2 12sp 4.749 GBP
OLTRE XR4 – Red eTap AXS 12sp 11.099 GBP
OLTRE XR4 – Dura Ace-Di2 12sp 4 10.799 GBP
OLTRE XR4 – Ultegra Di2 12sp 7.499 GBP
OLTRE XR4 – Rival eTap AXS 12sp 6.699 GBP
OLTRE XR4 FRAMESET
(frame, fork, headset, seatpost, integrated handlebar Vision 5D ACR disc, stem) 4.649 GBP
OLTRE XR4 FRAMESET
(frame, fork, headset, seatpost, stem alloy, handlebar alloy ACR separate) 4.399 GBP
OLTRE XR3 – Ultegra Di2 12sp 6.199 GBP
OLTRE XR3 – Chorus 5.049 GBP
OLTRE XR3 – Ultegra 11sp 4.799 GBP